A Day in Kells
- Breakfast at Caitins. Treat yourself to a delicious healthy Breakfast to start your day on a high.
- Walk to Golden’s of Kells Craft Shop and Restaurant and enjoy lunch with a glass of wine, coffee and home baking with superb views over Dingle Bay.
- Take a stroll along the Golden Mile, part of the old railway behind Golden’s of Kells. If you like simple walks on a flat surface, this will be perfect for you. The Golden Mile adjacent to Golden’s of Kells Craft Shop, a few minutes from Caitins is a beautiful nature walk along a stretch of the old railway.
- Visit Kells Gardens- Home of Irelands longest rope bridge. Enjoy a walk in the beautiful surroundings. Kells Bay is one of Ireland’s most spectacular settings, and the scenery offers a wonderful backdrop to Kells Bay Gardens. Known locally as the ‘Jewel on the Ring,’ the Gardens cover just over 17 hectares, containing a large collection of sub-tropical plants.
- Ramble down to Kells beach for a swim, a paddle or a relaxing lounge. Kells Beach is a lovely sandy beach with a small harbour. It is an idyllic spot for a day out on the northern coastline of the Iveragh Peninsula. It is small and sheltered, the sand is fine and there are many rock pools to explore, fascinating for children.
- If you’re more energetic, embark on a walk along the Kerry Way. At over 200km, the Kerry Way is one of Ireland’s longest signposted walking trail and also one of the most popular.
- Return to Caitins, and watch the sun set over Dingle Bay. Dingle Bay mark’s one of the westernmost points of mainland Ireland.